Design & Construction of Chapman’s Peak Drive
Following the closure of Chapman’s Peak Drive in 2000, the road was reconstructed under a concession contract between the Provincial Government of the Western Cape and Entilini Concession. The road was re-opened in December 2003.
The reconstruction work (H&I / Concor JV) entailed the following rockfall protection measures
- Rock barring
- The installation of catch fences
- The construction of two concrete counterfort structures
- The construction of a “half tunnel”.
- The installation of gabion walls.
- The installation shotcrete and mesh